Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:08:15 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports readme problems

Is this the correct list to post a ports problem in stable?

I build indexes and the readme for the ports I cvsup regularly.

I got errors on the readmes and it halted when trying to build
a readme for devel/p5-Date-Doomsday with the error reporting it
can't find it.  Sure enough it's not there.  I removed it from
the Makefile and rebuilt it, but of course the next CVSup replaces
that.

Making the readmes in the x11/XFree86-4 directory fails with 'argument
list too long' and it's easy to see why as the pkg-list is
over 6000 lines long.  Perhaps it's time to put 'xargs' in the
scripts :-)

Editing the Makefile here to take out the decent into XFree86-4
fixed this, but any CVSup will put things back.

Not a major problem but could cause concern for some.

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com