Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:26:04 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Drew Sanford" <drew@planetwe.com>, "Isaac Waldron" <iwaldron@WPI.EDU>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Netgear cards randomly dying?

Brownouts are a good place to start looking. As a side note, I've got
the same NIC on my NAT box for my internal LAN from -stable updated on
10/1/00 and it's been no problem here.

<copy/paste>
kashmir% /sbin/ifconfig dc0
dc0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.1.10 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
        ether 00:a0:cc:65:da:4e
        media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>) status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX
10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP none
kashmir% uname -a
FreeBSD kashmir.telocity.com 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #2: Sun
Oct  1 14:45:41 GMT 2000
otterr@kashmir.telocity.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/kashmir  i386

kashmir% uptime
 6:23PM  up 4 days,  2:19, 1 user, load averages: 1.00, 1.01, 1.00

-Otter