Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 11:41:16 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: savcore dump names?

In message <3CD24946.8F3CB0A4@softweyr.com>, Wes Peters writes:

>> Sometimes you have to break the eggs to make an omelette.
>
>But killing the hens rarely helps.
>
>If you're actually admitting to leaving the job half-done, PHK, you should
>immediately commit to finishing it.

I will - as soon as the replacement for USERCONFIG is finished by
the person who drove a wooden stake through its hearth (God bless
him!).

Get the irony ?

Let me spell it out:  When peter breaks things it's ok, when I
clean up after him it is reason for war.

Didn't somebody say that a patch had already been submitted against
savecore to fix these things ?

Why havn't anybody committed that patch then ?

This is blown completely out of proportion by now.

And for reasons I have yet to fathom, Peter suddenly drags a
completely unrelated patch (MII) into the picture, and rather than
do the sensible thing (ie: test the patch or reply to my email where
I answered his questions) he goes "That makes me feel really warm
and cozy" with absolutely no facts or technical backing.

If Peter or anybody else has any concerns about the patch, then
please SAY what these concerns are, or optionally: test the patch
and see for yourself if your concerns are founded or unfounded.

If I weren't in such a good mood, I would claim that this entire
thing is because some of the usual suspects once again focus on
beating up me rather than getting actual work done (This accusation
doesn't apply to Terry, of course since he is exempt from doing any
work).

But I am in a good mood so I wont.