Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 1998 10:16:04 +0100
From:      Imran Aslam <imran@orangenet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Front Page extensions using apache-fp

--------------1E1A7924C4F9151F635799D0

<HTML>
can some one please help me.

<P>I have set up a Apache - forntpage server on FREEBSD 2.2.6 using Apache
1.2.6.

<P>when a user logs on to his site is www.orangenet.co.uk/~usesrname, using
the front page 98 programe, he is able to log on fine, the only problem
occurs when the user trys to publish thier web page on to the server.

<P>what happens is that the user is asked to enter the root servers password
and frontpage administrators username for www.orangenet.co.uk.
<BR>when this is entererd the web for user ~username is then published
to thier directory.
<BR>Also a copy of thier pages are also stored in the root directory.

<P>is their a way so that when the user logs on to thier directory they
only need to enter their user name and password in order to publish thier
pages and not also the root servers username and password..
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>can some one please tell me what i have done wrong and who i might correct
it.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>thanks a lot for your help.