Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:23:51 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to sort rtn of 'lpc clean'

At 11:12 PM -0400 9/23/01, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>So, here's a new improved 'sortq' routine for lpc.  This does not
>include all the testing code that I had in here while testing it at
>RPI, but that testing showed that this version gets the same results
>as the old version, except for the cases where the old version was
>getting the wrong result.  I did leave in the new debugging function
>of 'lpc tclean -d all', so you can see what the result of the sort is.

In case anyone's curious, this change was just committed to 'lpc'
in the freebsd-current branch.  But as I read my earlier message
a little closer, I see that I had included an early version of the
patch, and that one DID have one bug in the sorting...  But the
version I did commit has been running in production at RPI for
awhile now, and has been doing the right things.

(at RPI, an 'lpc clean all' command is run every night, on all our
print servers, and the output is emailed to me...)