Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 13:03:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        ufkartfm@pacific.net (curtis)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle, Sun Micro To Announce New Type Of Computer (FreeBSD mentioned)

In reply:
> > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/bs/story.html?s=v/nm/19981212/bs/oracle_9.html
>
> > Ellison did not specify what type of kernel the company would select,
> > but candidates include kernels from operating systems software such as
> > Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, System 10 from Apple Computer Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL
> > - news), FreeBSD and NetBSD.

wording here would indicate to the AVERAGE reader that anything other
than NT is not an operating system.  also, the writer shows very
little knowledge of computing in thinking that computers can run
without an OS, and seems to be confused as to the fact that a kernel
is an OS.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or