Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 05:36:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Happy New Year

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Troy Settle wrote:

> On to business at hand:  While I expect the transition to 1/1/2000 to be
> eventless, I'm wondering if anyone in any other time zones has experienced
> any ill effects.
>
> If folks who have already moved to Y2K could post back to the list to let us
> know that everything's ok, I'm sure that those of us who are still waiting
> would be gratefully appreciative.

Hi Troy,

Been fairly uneventful here, one machine had a problem with the BIOS date
(thinks it's 1994 or 2094 but doesn't seem to want to retain 2000), but
this is easily fixed with an ntpdate sync in rc.local (ideally it should
probably happen earlier which I'll look into...)

There are no FreeBSD problems that I'm aware of, and the only oddities I
noticed in the city were that the street lights went out at midnight -
most likely because of the fireworks - and there were a few sirens and
ambulances floating around - most likely because of the large numbers of
people in the city, same as any new year.

I'm located in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/