Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 06:22:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM 365X with freebsd OK

I'll fill out the form at the .jp web site but since there were a
few questions in the last month and in case anyone is searching
the mailing lists and sees my earlier problems with the 3c589:

The IBM Thinkpad 365X is working well with FreeBSD.  I haven't done
enough to know what battery life will be once the battery is broken
in and I know how to use APM.

My unit is P120, 8MB non-parity RAM with one memory slot (I'm
running with 24MB), 755MB hard drive (810MB in IBM-speak), 10.4"
800x600 TFT SVGA, sound blaster sound (untested), and some IR port
(untested).  X is up and running at 800x600 and is cramped but
usable.  Quality appears to be as I expect in a thinkpad: good.
The keyboard works OK with syscons.

Minuses: small screen, non-parity RAM, one RAM slot limits to 40MB
max, CDROM option requires external floppy.

Pluses: I finally have an inexpensive laptop running FreeBSD.

$1099 at Micro Warehouse 800 367 7080 (in Lakewood NJ for those
outside the US).

Thanks, PCCARD people.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval