Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2001 13:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        syst3m@navigators.lv
Subject:   Re: CVSup upgrade to fix the timestamp bug

In article <010401c1396c$2b3688d0$0201a8c0@soft.lv>,
Valentin Yeliseev <syst3m@navigators.lv> wrote:
> I updated cvsup to snap-16.1d and got core dump :(
>
> FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
> ./cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile-www
> Illegal instruction (core dumped)

The binaries were built under 4.4-RC and may not work on older
systems.  Also, it is possible that they were built with
i686-specific compiler options due to my make.conf settings.  I will
check that and will update the packages if necessary.

The most reliable way to upgrade any system is as follows:

- Install the lang/pm3-base and lang/pm3-net packages.

- If you want to use the GUI, also install the lang/pm3-gui and
  lang/pm3-forms packages.

- Build snap-16.1d from source.

John