Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:24:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arie Kachler <akachler@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS (bind or djbdns or ???)

When you send a kill -HUP to named (Bind), the server
never stops responding. It re-reads its configuration
file and loads only the changes it encounters since
the last time it was started or reloaded.
I have no experience at all with DJBDNS, but Bind
works for us. We use it for over 12,000 domains and it
works perfectly.

Regards,

Arie Kachler
SysAdmin/Telcom.Net