Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:10:52 -0500
From:      Adam Kujawski - Amplex Support <adamkuj@amplex.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern.ngroups

On a FreeBSD 4.4 system, I want to increase the value of kern.ngroups.

I've setup /etc/sysctl.conf to set the value, but it doesn't work -- dmesg
reports back "oid 'kern.ngroups' is read only". I tried to override the
default value by putting "options NGROUPS_MAX=256" in my kernel config and
recompiling, but it fails with "unknown option "NGROUPS_MAX"".

Do I have to modify the value in the source code to get this to work? The
value is set in /usr/src/sys/sys/syslimits.h. If I make the change there,
do I just have to rebuild the kernel, or do I have to 'make world' to get
the new value to work?

Thanks,
Adam