Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:47:23 +0100
From:      John Murphy <spam-trap@freeode.co.uk>
To:        "Josh" <void_validation@gawab.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adsl router, dhcp works to the router but not the net?

"Josh" <void_validation@gawab.com> wrote:

>I'm very new to freebsd, i have managed installing and setting
>up dhcp, but i cant access the net.
>
>i can get to my modem web config all good and fine, but can't
>access sites.

Can you access this one?: http://216.136.204.117/
It's www.freebsd.org IP so if you can access by IP number it
is likely that your resolver isn't configured.

>is there a program within bsd to diagnose this?
>
>i used ifconfig but that means nothing.

Means nothing to you perhaps but its output would help other
list subscribers to help you.

You should send your question to questions@freebsd.org where
all technical questions should go, and you should include as
much information as you can eg. the output of 'ifconfig -a',
'cat /etc/resolv.conf', 'netstat -rn' and 'uname -a'.

>i am new soz.

No problem, we were all new once ;)

--
John.