Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2018 21:46:21 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>, Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>, Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Strange ARC/Swap/CPU on yesterday's -CURRENT

Thanks for that hint.  I thought that arc_max was a tunable, but now knowin=
g it's sysctl, that helps a lot.

--=20
Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106
=EF=BB=BFOn 4/3/18, 8:54 PM, "Cy Schubert" <owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org on =
behalf of Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> wrote:

    Try arbitrarily reducing arc_max through sysctl. ARC is immediately red=
uced and free memory increased however wired pages remains the same.
   =20
    ---
    Sent using a tiny phone keyboard.
    Apologies for any typos and autocorrect.
    Also, this old phone only supports top post. Apologies.
   =20
    Cy Schubert
    <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> or <cy@freebsd.org>
    ---