Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 95 13:16:54 MET
From:      marino.ladavac@aut.alcatel.at
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly) (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Low end PS laser, or inkjet/bubblejet

> So the card must recognize two different printer names in order to do
> two different kinds of processing ... hmmmm.  Thanks for posting that!

No.  The difference is really that one uses text protocol (rp=text), and
the other raw protocol (rp=raw).  That's the way I understand the rp
print capability.

In any case, the printer (card) does never see the name (which is local
to the machine running lpr/lpd)

/Alby

(hope I didn't spew too much BS in my reply :)