Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:01:06 -0400
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/tcsh - Imported sources

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 11:37:41PM -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> Sue Blake writes:
> > Just because we all agree that csh is bad, doesn't mean that any
>
> We don't all agree that csh is bad. At the command line csh is well
> worth having for its history mechanism. While BSD sh has history, I've
> not seen the default sh on SGI or Sun systems with same features.

Actually, the defeault 'sh' on SGI systems is now a Korn shell,

sh(1)                                                                    sh(1)

NAME
     sh, rsh, ksh, rksh - a standard/restricted command and programming
     language

SYNOPSIS
     sh [ -abCefhikmnprstuvx ] [ -o option ] ... [ -c string ] [ arg ... ]

     /usr/lib/rsh  [ -abCefhikmnprstuvx ] [ -o option ] ... [ -c string ]
          [ arg ... ]

DESCRIPTION
     Note: As of IRIX 6.4, sh is the Korn shell rather than the Bourne shell.
     See bsh(1) for the Bourne Shell description.  See the COMPATIBILITY
     ISSUES section below for more detail.
.
.
.