Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:51:35 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnn@freebsd.org, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: On the road with HEAD

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know my T60 suspend/resume doesn't work. I will try to load a
> minimal set of drivers (read: no ethernet/wireless, no usb, not using
> X, etc) and report how it goes.
>
> I'd like to get suspend/resume working on these T60s so I can fix
> ath(4) suspend/resume as well as sleep and power saving modes.
>
> Apparently there are patches somewhere to address ACPI sleep issues
> with SMP hardware? Does anyone know about these?
>

> adrian

Not sure about special patches or what-not, but jkim has been working
on the suspend/resume code recently (even in the past few days).  Not
long ago, he committed a change to head that allowed me to suspend and
resume with my Dell Precision M6500 (and it's equipped with an NVIDIA
3800M, which from all known reports was filed under "won't happen" in
regard to s/r).  Oh, and the Intel 5300 WiFi works like a charm after
resume as well...

In this short period, a regression was even introduced and (kinda sorta) fixed.

Do you run up-to-date 10-CURRENT on your T60?

-Brandon