Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:41:40 -0700
From:      mdickerson@officeonweb.net
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: connecting to sendmail very slow

Enriko ,

Thank you for your reply.

When I do connect to sendmail via telnet, it greets me by name (reverse dns
name) --> So reverse dns IS working.
But a dig -x from the box in question of the remote ip yields: Total query
time: 5009 msec  --> ouch!

I'm puzzled why I don't have the same (delay) problem connecting via ssh?

But that appears to be the issue.

Thanks,

Mike Dickerson
Officeonweb.net