Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:44:02 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Dave Dunaway <bela@nivek.org>
Cc:        Gabriel <gmains@southwind.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do you lower MTU??

--owPIoVL9FiqC4k42

Dave Dunaway wrote:

>> How can I set my MTU in ed0 to 1450 and make it perminant? I am in 4.0R.
>
> man ifconfig.

duh.  You seem to have missed "make it perminant".  If you just use
ifconfig the change will be lost when you reboot.  The correct answer
(in addition to "man ifconfig" which he may already know) is to add the
ifconfig command to /etc/rc.local so it's executed on every reboot.

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--owPIoVL9FiqC4k42

--owPIoVL9FiqC4k42--