Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:44:56 -0400
From:      Dayton Clark <dayton@brooklyn.cuny.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dayton@brooklyn.cuny.edu
Subject:   Can't load 3.2 kernel after install

Folks,

I've cobbled together a system from parts, P180, 1.3G ide, 48M,
ide cdrom.  Basically a vanilla system.

I installed FBSD 3.2 from scratch (newfs and everything) but after the
the installation, the boot loader says it can't load /kernel.  It won't
load kernel.GENERIC either.  Using the ls command at the boot loader
prompt shows everthing OK.  I've reinstalled twice, same result.

I had similar problems trying to upgrade 3.1->3.2, but a complete
install of 3.2 has worked on half-a-dozen other machines.

I'm sure it's something obvious, but obviously I don't see what.

Any suggestions?

thanks
dayton

--