Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:25:51 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Martin M <lalala@globalserve.net>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: it just goes on and on.......

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 01:21:12PM -0400, Martin M wrote:
>     Ok, point taken.... sorry...
>
>     I admit that my criticism was utterly unconstructive and useless,
> inspired more by a similar situation I was going through than his
> comments.... BUT
>
>     I do think that people should attempt to keep their comments, if not
> glowingly positive, at least neutral... We have all been there, and I
> sympathise with his situation, but the way he phrases things makes me wonder
> if the help he gets is appreciated.

each one of us has thier own specific way of communication, not
everybody has teh same command of teh the same language that we
do . of our own that is.

i suppose what i'm trying to say is that we need to be able to
read teh words being used rather than looking for a reason to
'react'. i should know, all to well, sadly. because of my
upbringing and a few "minor" congenital brain abnormalities i
sue language in a almost uniquely 'jonathan' style. and, it has
be the cause, reason, for more than a few problems from both
sides of teh fence .. just quietly.

one that it seems is teh delite of several posters from
america, when they need to kick someting. its easy to find
fault, its even easier to be one of teh crowding vultures. real
communication comes about only when we can sit back and listen
to what is being said ... not reacting to what we thought was
being imputed.

>     So, um, I'm sorry and I will shut up now.

no need to "shut up", rather take the time to listen (ok read)
to what is being said (written) and remember that not every
body uses language, or has the same skill, the same mastery as
we might have. english might be the universal languge of The
Internet, but universal understanding is a long way  off.

thank you for your post, it take a lot to say sorry, and it is
always a good forst step in teh begining to listen process, so
my grandmother used to say, and, so i have discovered in my own
life.

warm regards

jonathan

please excuse the spelling, its caused by dsylexia and a few
neurological probelms that make typing and seeing more than
just a bit hard.