Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:20:55 -0500
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with sendmail security hacks

Due to someone at juno.com using our mailserver as a relay we have added
the sendmail hacks located at senmail.org to our server.

Question is concerning the 'sendmail.cR' file that checks to see if a user
is authorized to use the server for ourbound mail.  There aren't really any
instructions on what can be in this file so we've had to do it by trial and
error.  It seems as though this file will handle host.domains only.  Is
there anyway that we can set it up to use wildcards or better yet, can we
set it up to handle IP addresses (with possible wildcards here as well).

Does anyone have any experience with this file and what it will take and
what it won't, or can you point me to a reference.

Thanks in advance.

Darrin R. Woods                  | "I'm so happy that I, can't stop crying."
Director Operations              | 			--- Sting
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.         |
Dallas, Texas   972.702.9119     |      work:   http://www.netgazer.net

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say