Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:14:54 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jess Kitchen <jk@burstfire.net>
To:        Freebsd <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Automation Solution

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Agbenya Adotey wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Good day. I work in an ISP and we are looking for a solution in which when
> customers pay their bills, events would be triggered on authentication
> servers.
> We have Solaris and Freebsd on our network.

Take a look at Optigold ISP from Digital Point Solutions (digitalpoint.com)

The interface is a little sucky but you can pretty much butcher it to
behave how you like.  It's been in maintenance since 95/96 and up til now
it just keeps bulging with more and more useful stuff.  After you've
initially integrated it and settled down it's great, talks to radius,
assigns statics for people, yadda yadda.

You will need per-seat licenses for Filemaker Pro or similar though.

Failing that you can always search freshmeat.net for 'isp billing' or
somesuch.

Cheers,
J.

--