Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:21:36 +1000
From:      "Brett Gray" <beatteam@austasia.net>
To:        "FreeBSD -Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MTU Size  & Connection reset by.. & Lost Input channel

I have just set up a mail server for a client under FreeBSD 2.2.2 running
sendmail 8.8.5

I have done this many times before without problems...except this time

Can anyone help with:

a) I can send mail out of the mail server but I cant get any incoming mail.
    I keep getting error messages saying "Deferred: Connection reset by..."
    on mail servers trying to get mail INTO the problem machine..   Why?

    If I try to send a message from hotmail INTO the problem machine I get
    the following message in the maillog file:

    Sep 11 14:13:15 trycala sendmail[184]: --> 421  Lost input channel from
f200.hotmail.com [207.82.251.91]
    Sep 11 14:13:15 trycala sendmail[184]: lost input channel from
f200.hotmail.com [207.82.251.91]

b) I read something on the net about MTU size.  What is MTU (I cant find
any
explaination of the term..  just references to it) Is the above problem
likely to be something to do with MTU size and where can I adjust this
setting in FreeBSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett Gray
beatteam@austasia.net