Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:54:21 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Rainer Heilke' <rheilke@worldgate.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: psmintr:out of sync

> > The usefulness of KVM switches has always escaped me.
> > Perhaps I don't use MS Windows often enough. :-)
>
> The usefulness of a KVM switch has nothing to do with M$
> WinDoze, but how many systems you have on/under your desk, and
> how many keyboards, mice, and monitors you feel like bouncing
> between. In my case, two (hopefully three one day) systems,
> vs. one mouse, keyboard, monitor.

The disadvantage of a KVM switch is that they actually need to be under your
desk. If you ssh into them and "export DISPLAY" back it doesn't matter if
they're under your desk or locked into a broomcloset at the other end of the
house as mine are.

*shrug* a matter of taste, I'm sure. Let's drop the subject with that
observation.

    Kees Jan