Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 1995 11:47:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Robert Michael Gorichanaz <wraith@csd.uwm.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD as an IP Router

I'm looking to use a PC running FreeBSD as a router/gateway on a small
network.  Question is, what kinda CPU horsepower do I really need to
forward packets between half a dozen 'puters?  Do I need a 486dx50? or
is that overkill; can I get away with a 386-40 or a 486-33?

I'm going to be using 16-bit bus-mastering ethernet cards, if that helps.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

-W-

--
    /      /|   \                            O   For all you ORIGIN needs,
    |  \`o.O'   | Ack! Thptptptpt!          -+-      the Avatar is IN.
    \     U     / wraith@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu     Games, hardware, and comments.