Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:04:48 -0800
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@Kermodei.com>
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Suspend to disk...

Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au> writes:
> So how do I make it work properly? Do I need a ms-dos partition some
> place the size of my ram or???

The easiest way is to configure and format a bootable DOS partition that is
bigger than memory and install DOS in it.  I don't know about the current
ThinkPads, but with many of the older ones, this couldn't be configured though
the BIOS.  One had to do it through a windows program or a DOS program called
ps2.exe, so being able to boot into the partation was required to configure
power management.