Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:34:24 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jean-Christophe Varaillon <jcv@vbc.net>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   - N2d PCI & Driver option _

John,

+-------+ Serial Interface	+-------------+
| cisco |			| FreeBSD 4.1 |
| 3600  }----------{}-----------{	      |
|	|		N2d	|	      |
+-------+		card	+-------------+
	x.x.x.145	x.x.x.146

I need help to establish the communication between the router and the N2d
card (sr interface).

The reason why it is not working is almost certainly in the driver.

There are two kinds of cables used with these cards.
SDL Communications, the manufacturer, supplies x.21 cables
that have the input clock pin tied to the output clock pin.

Normaly I should be able to use a driver option to tell the
HDLC chip to pass the signal through to the output clock pin.

If this isn't configured, there is no data out clock, so the card
doesn't work.

Could you, please, tell me how to configure it ?