Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 20:00:50 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, mallison@konnections.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial, Non-Hacker CD Distribution - A thought

>Well, not if they're commercial, but then you don't have to buy any of
>the commercial software + FreeBSD bundles if this kind of thing
>bothers you. :-)
>The "base line" product will remain the same full-source thing it
>always was (though I should note that much of what's in the "commerce"
>distribution has always been binary-only and nobody's complained).
>Expecting any and all FreeBSD commercial software vendors to
>distribute sources for their products just so that we could say "yes,
>full sources for EVERYTHING!" would be more than a little silly.

Nor am I suggesting that you should; I was merely asking a question.
(No offense intended, I'm sure; none taken, I hope.)

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu
All my opinions are my own, not the Free Software Foundation's.

Second law of programming:
Anything that can go wrong wi
sendmail: segmentation violation -- core dumped