Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:18:58 +0200
From:      Ben Stuyts <ben@altesco.nl>
To:        Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS auto expand mirror

2010     root@xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/xxx  amd64
>=20
> # zpool status home
>  pool: home
>  state: ONLINE
>  scrub: scrub completed after 2h0m with 0 errors on Mon Sep 19 =
18:25:45 2011
> config:
>=20
>        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>        home        ONLINE       0     0     0
>          mirror    ONLINE       0     0     0
>            ad5s1a  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            ad7s1a  ONLINE       0     0     0
>=20
> Will this version of FreeBSD auto-expand to the new, bigger drive size =
once they are both replaced? I did not see the autoexpand property in =
this pool. zpool is v13, zfs is v3.
>=20
> No.  You will need to reboot the system in order for the extra space =
to become usable in the pool.  Or, if none of the OS is installed on the =
pool, you can export/import the pool to make the new space available.=20

Ok, at least it grows on export/import, so I don't need to create a new =
pool and copy everything over.

Thanks for the info!
Ben