Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:28:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Olaf Hoyer <Inferno@nightfire.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Microsoft to base next generation OS on OpenBSD

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Olaf Hoyer wrote:

> Well, I heard from a Debian developer also some thoughts about doing a
> Debian distro with an OpenBSD kernel, to mix the best of two worlds... (At
> least in their thoughts)... Well, this Debian thingie was not meant as a
> joke, but AFAIK it never got really up...

Debian BSD really is happening. Several developers are now using NetBSD
and FreeBSD with Debian. (And some have done a little with OpenBSD too.)
The official Debian webpage for it is http://www.debian.org/ports/netbsd/

http://www.bsdtoday.com/2002/January/News625.html
http://www.bsdtoday.com/2001/July/Editorial527.html

   Jeremy C. Reed