Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:17:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        rewt@i-Plus.net (Troy Settle)
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Speaking of radius - mine doesn't behave properly at startup

According to Troy Settle:

> I've been running radius for over a year now, and one thing that's always
> bugged me (though not enough to drive me crazy), is that I use the
> following code in /etc/rc.local to start radiusd at boot.  It doesn't
> give me any errors, no core dumps, it just exits as if that's what it's
> supposed to do.
>
> if [ -f /usr/local/sbin/radiusd ] ; then
>         /usr/local/sbin/radiusd ; echo -n ' radiusd'
> fi
>
> If anyone has any idea why radiusd won't hang around to authenticate my
> users, I would sure appreciate the help.

What version are you using?  If you execute ./radiusd -v and the word
Merit pops out, it most likely is ours.  If so, send email to:

  aaa-support@merit.edu

and I'll be glad to help you out.  :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu

[ Reuters, London, February 29, 1998: Scientists have announced discovering ]
[ a meteorite which will strike the earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX ]
[ coders expressed relief for being spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038. ]