Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:31:45 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>, Jeff Gray <jwg2@cm-24-142-61-17.cableco-op.ispchannel.com>
Cc:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Itanium

Peter, are you wearing your asbestos suit?

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, in a
never-ending search for enlightenment, Peter Schwenk wrote: > Isn't
this kinda like saying, "We've got red and green apples.", when asked,
> "Do you have any oranges." >
> Jeff Gray wrote:
>
> > Yesterday I went to a talk, actually a CS class open to the public,  at
> > Stanford University where a team from HP, VA Linux and others presented
> > the IA-64 Kernal architecture for Linux.  A new native, no legacy code,
> > kernal, fully IA-64 with backward compatibility for almost all IA-32
> > applications.  Ran a demo on a server setup with the Itanium chip.
> >
> > This project has been a two year effort well funded by a number of
> > companies.  At least three distributions will be available when the
> > chipset is released.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Konrad Heuer wrote:
> >

> > > Will FreeBSD run on the new Intel Itanium CPUs which are announced for
> > > summer?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
> > > Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche
> > >    Datenverarbeitung mbH GÖttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
> > > Am Faßberg, D-37077 GÖttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.org
> > > Deutschland (Germany)
> > >
> > > kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de
>
> --
> PETER SCHWENK                        | Campus IT Associate 3
> Department of Mathematical Sciences  | University of Delaware
> schwenk@math.udel.edu                | (302)831-0437

Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.