Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 01:46:00 -0500
From:      beef@cybertouch.org
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   enough about linux and microshit

	What with all of you? You have nothing better to do than care
about what other os's are doing? For fucks sakes, I went out and
showed people what my FreeBSD (now under the name Freedom
Software) can do. They shit them selves. Go see what people want
in business and stop the crap about what linux is doing (like
banning on #linux on efnet if you ask a question considered lame).
If you think microshit is better the rm -Rf * your system.

	I want to tell you all that about 3 year ago, when I was only
learning about computers seriously, and had my family invest, with
microFUCK, we lost everything. But at the end when I found out
about FreeBSD, Jordan Hubbard tried to help us out. Go see if
gates ( that puke) or linus torvalds will help you out. Oh I must
mention Greg Lehey, our, yes OUR great writer, has helped me to
the point that I can build a file server.

	In fact this week I have sales people coming from a cable
company that sells cable modem for internet, to see a FreeBSD
operating system. The thing is that I could  not give a shit what
others have. I look at what the PEOPLE want. And they want a
solution to being ripped off. That does not mean to give it out for
free. It means being fair but in the same token, making a living.

	In the industry which i know well, the major players have
shared information on kill standards, processing and safety for
years. They all profit well. But not on a percentage basis.

	Look at the NAME itself FREEbsd.  People like something for
nothing. Thats life. But in the fine scheme of things, FreeBSD wont
be free forever. Why? Because the base operating system may be
30 or 50 dollars, the ppl that have to set it up for companies and
business's will profit well. And why not? They had to learn an awful
lot.
	But this bullshit about what companies are looking at linux or
oss, is a bunch of bs. Just get off your ass, go to smaller offices
and demonstrate what FreeBSD with some of the ports for a
business can do for them. Don't worry, they will, on their own,  see
the light through the forest. Unless you want to tell them what the
micorshit or linux camps are doing. If you all would fight a war in
the same way you keep yakking about these no-go-anywhere white
papers, companies making business materials for linux. You loose.
When I was in Israel, we gave not a flying fuck what the states said
or did. We did it OUR way. I feel for Jordan and Greg Lehey, who
have to constantly reply to bullshit about microshit and luunix. If
you all really cared for and appreciated what golden opportunity we
have here, there would be more discussion on how to help the
owners of FreeBSD grow. Stop comparing. Do you think when we
attack in war we compare like your american television protrays?
Heh, if you really think that you are better suited for winshit 98.
Just go to warez site and pick up a FreeWinDoZe98.

	And while I am bitching about the bs in the mail these days.
Tell me, you must agree there are a lot of books on winshit and
luunix. But very few on FreeBSD. Ever wonder why? Put it this
way, you can slide further in shit than in gravel. Gravel is strong
and stays, while shit is slippery and dissappears. Well we have
solid rock. FreeBSD.   Stop the whinnig and be part of the
marketing solution. Jordan, Greg and company are constantly
making OUR system untouchable by other operating systems. We
just need some really good word of mouth publicity before the
media starts to pay real attention to the ultimate operating system

	Well my fellow FreeBSD'ers go out and push to every book
store, university book store, computer store. Go to business;s and
demonstrate what is not on the paper, television and other media.
The best operating system in existance

			                           FreeBSD