Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 00:34:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Machine freezes under SMP kernel

Greetings everyone,

	It seems like with our machine at earth.GAIANET.NET which I run
remotely from San Francisco as it's in Beverly Hills, California tends to
freeze when the system is inactive but when I try to compile something
like a make world of -current or just the archivers/P5-Compress-Zlib port
which would just freeze the machine until someone does a reset with the
power switch.  Any ideas what could be causing this to occur?

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin