Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:11:33 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <usb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New problems with new Logitech MX1000 mouse

Hello,

I have a new MX3100 'cordless desktop' from Logitech which is a
combination of their MX1000 mouse and a keyboard. I have used their
MX700 mouse and LX700 cordless desktop (MX700 mouse + a keyboard) in
the past with minimal problems. However, this mouse doesn't seem to
work correctly.

What I see is that the buttons don't work unless the pointer is in
motion. This is evident both in the console and in X, also in X
without moused running. Xev shows no button events unless they are
accompanied by mouse motion. In the console, double clicking on text
will not select it, middle clicking will not paste selected text and
right clicking will not extend an existing selection - unless the
pointer is in motion.

I'm wondering if there are some settings changes I need to make or if
maybe ums is not handling the data from the usb receiver correctly.=20

-Will

--
Will Saxon
Systems Programmer, Network Services