Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:23:20 -0700
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Hello from russia!

>done a lot of ranting both here
>and on -chat... nothing has ever come out of it.

Is there an actual person that reads email
sent to that address?  If so, why not contact them
directly or via a different address?

>and ask that every one else also send email to
>postmaster@freebsd.org asking the same... :)

I can certainly do this and encourage others to
do the same but we need validation that this
isn't a dead address.

Thanks

Joe

                    Rick Hamell
                    <hamellr@heorot.        To:     Joe Warner/SMS@SMS
                    1nova.com>              cc:     "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG'"
                                            <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
                    02/08/01 02:27          Subject:     RE: Hello from russia!
                    PM

> > The simple fact is that this list needs to be renamed to
> >newbie-chat or deleted. :)
>
> I agree with Rick and think that a name change would
> help clear things up a lot.
>
> Rick, is a name change for this list possible?
>
> How hard would it be to do this?

     I've made the suggestion to postmaster twice now and done a lot of
ranting both here and on -chat... nothing has ever come out of it. :( At
this point all that is left is to try and point people in the right
direction, and ask that every one else also send email to
postmaster@freebsd.org asking the same... :)

     Rick