Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:34:07 +0000
From:      dom@happygiraffe.net (Dominic Mitchell)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB & PCCard together...

I've recently gotten a Sony Vaio Z600TEK and installed FreeBSD 4.1.1 on
it and all seems fairly well.  However, I have discovered one problem.
When I booted up, these messages appeared in dmesg:

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0xfc60-0xfc7f at device 7.2 on pci0
uhci0: Invalid irq 255
uhci0: Please switch on USB support and switch PNP-OS to 'No' in BIOS
device_probe_and_attach: uhci0 attach returned 6

So, I switched it off in the BIOS, rebooted and the USB ports worked
fine.  But then, when I inserted a PC-Card (I tried several different
ones), they all came up as "(null)"("(null)"), instead of the proper
identifiers.

But when I turned that particular BIOS option to "Yes", then the
PC-Card's started working normally.  But the USB stopped working.

Has anybody else seen this?  Is there any way of getting my USB and PC
Cards working together?

More details, dmesg output, etc available on request.

Thanks,
-Dom