Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 02:53:44 +0400
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.net>
To:        phill@cobia.corp.gulf.net
Cc:        Steven Esbrandt <steven@mentis.org>, Phillip Salzman <phill@cobia.gulf.net>, Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Big big mail servers

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 09:48:29PM -0500, phill@cobia.corp.gulf.net wrote:
# Just one that we wrote to add users to cyrus.  It's pretty simple, really.
# It was done in PHP3.
# On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Steven Esbrandt wrote:
# > Cyrus works great for me. I use it in conjunction with kerberos.
# > What web interface are you referring to?
# > Phillip Salzman wrote:
# > > A neat one that we use for our extra email server is called Cyrus.  It
# > > allows us to let our customers create extra email accounts on-the-fly via
# > > a web interface.  Providing them unlimited email accounts.
# > > > Having read the slashdot thread on the subject, I'm wondering what sort
# > > > of mail daemons (pop/IMAP,MTA,etc.) are available in the ports
# > > > collection that get user accounts from somewhere other than
# > > > /etc/password
# > > > any ideas?

Check www.stalker.com/CommuniGatePro/ for their CommuniGate Pro web-based email
solution, which supports IMAP, POP, SMTP, ACAP, PWD, web interface, of course,
and such. No source is available; even though it's commercial software,
evaluation license is nice. Answering your direct question, password can be
gathered either from within the service's data or respective master.passwd.

# > > > Laurence

--
-mishania