Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:27:05 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86-4, Linux binaries, DRI?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 03:53:18PM -0800, Steve Reid wrote:
> I have XFree86-4 working with DRI for FreeBSD binaries on my new Matrox
> G450 (this helped: http://wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl/freebsd/hwaccel.txt) and
> am now trying to get DRI working with Linux binaries, Q3A specificly.

Interesting! I'd like to get Unreal Tournament going with a G400... I'm
also stuck where linux binaries should use the DRI.
BTW, I've html-ified above url, which is at http://wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl/freebsd/hwaccel.html ,
and packed up the diffs to the XF86 source tree in a tiny tgz.

> Right now Quake 3 appears to be doing software rendering (<1 fps).

Yeah, I know how that feels like...

> My system:
> FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE
> XFree86 4.0.1 built from ports
> Various Debian XF86-4 packages extracted into /compat/linux

Which packages did you use from Debian? I've tried to put files from
a Slackware XF86-4 install into /compat/linux, in fact the corresponding
files that were otherwise installed by the linux_glx port, but it didn't
work. Anyway, I also needed the changed linux_ioctl.[ch], which I have
now from another reply to this post. Hope to try it in the near future ;-).

I'm curious to know how the G400 performs in comparison with the Voodoo2-SLI
that I have working now (in FreeBSD as well as in Slackware).

Karel.