Date:      Sat, 02 Nov 2002 09:26:19 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hideyuki KURASHINA <rushani@bl.mmtr.or.jp>
To:        winter@jurai.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XF86-4 on TP560?

Hi,

>>> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:05:31 -0400 (EDT), "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net> said:

> I've managed to get X running on my "new" TP560 (Cyber9385 according to
> XF86-3) but XF86-4 will not work.  All I get out of it is corrupted
> displays (looks like sync issues, but on a TFT?)  Taking the working
> modelines from my version 3 config file doesn't work either.

I couldn't manage to get XFree86 4.x work, too. I gave it up, and now use
XFree86 3.3.6.

> Anyone have any pointers?

According to the following article at [vine-users:051324] (in Japenese),

  http://search.luky.org/vine-users.5/msg01322.html

XFree86 4.2.0 worked with attached config file, XF86Config-4. It seems
that X server works with vesa driver.

It works for you?

-- rushani