Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 2021 11:04:36 -0800
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Marc Veldman <marc@bumblingdork.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to submit patches for -current

Marc Veldman (marc@bumblingdork.com) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> now that FreeBSD has moved to Git, what is the recommended way to provide patches?
> A GitHub or GitLab Merge Request against the FreeBSD main branch?
> Or a (set of) patches generated with git format-patch, the output of gitt diff
> Or any other way?

Hi Marc,

The preferred way to do this is to submit patches to Phabricator[1]
I use Arcanist CLI (as described here[2]) to submit/update patches
and Web UI to discuss review feedback. Don't forget to add
developers to reviewers/Cc list since, unlike bugzilla, there is
no general mailing list for new reviewes. If you're not sure who to add,
create a review and send URL to a relevant mailing list.

[1] https://reviews.freebsd.org/
[2] https://wiki.freebsd.org/Phabricator

--
gonzo