Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:45:52 -0400
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Specify local .mc file for make world?

Shawn Barnhart wrote:

> Is there a method for specifying a local .mc file as there is for specifying
> a local .cf file in make.conf when rebuilding sendmail?
>
> It seems to me to make more sense to specify an .mc rather than a .cf file
> when rebuilding sendmail so that the .cf file gets rebuilt, too.
>
> Sorry if this is off-topic for this group, but I asked a similar question
> on -questions a while ago and didn't get a particularly satisfactory answer.

cd /usr/src
make SENDMAIL_CF=your_sendmail.cf world

this will use /usr/src/etc/sendmail/your_sendmail.mc to build
/usr/obj/usr/src/etc/sendmail/your_sendmail.cf and install it as
/etc/sendmail.cf

I hope this answers your question
--
The wise man built his network upon U*nx.
    The foolish man built his network upon Windows.