Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:21:04 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
Cc:        patric_theune@hotmail.com, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broken link?

Ross Lippert wrote:
> Just to add to the mystery, I tried
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=X&sektion=1
>
> as well as query=
> X11
> X11R6
> XFree86
>
> with apropos on and in section 1, and got nothing.  I also
> tried it on 4.0-RELEASE and likewise got nothing.
>

> -r

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-doc" in the body of the message

The broken links are due to an unfortunate problem where
the manual pages just are not built (or are not being linked
correctly.)  Mainly the base system manual pages are accessable
through the web script, yet manual pages from ports do not seem
to be up.  This has come up here and there in the past, although
I have no clue who is currently working on it.

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.Pittgoth.com Gothic Discussion Forum