Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:58:07 -0500
From:      "Yevmenkin, Maksim N, CSCIO" <myevmenkin@att.com>
To:        "'David Malone'" <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>, Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        julian@elischer.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NETGRAPH patches (proposal) CONT.

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 09:02:43PM -0800, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
> > > It's because all packets sent by this node should have the node's
> > > address. If you don't have it then PPPoE cannot send a
> packet "FROM"
> > > thia node, as it has no idea of what this node's address is.
> >
> > So.. we can have two hooks, one that sets the host address and
> > one that doesn't.. :-)
>
> In that case can we have one that also sets the destination address
> via arp?

i added new control message for ``ngether_node''. i called it NGEF_RAW_MODE.
now you can set it to on/off by using NgSendMsg. ``ngether_rcvdata'' will
not
update ``ether_shost'' if it set to on. otherwise it will.

patches available at http://home.earthlink.net/~evmax/ng.tar.gz
these are against -current cvsup'ed this sunday around 8:30pm EST.

it also includes small test program based ion ``nghook''.

Thanks,
emax