Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 06:20:26 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>, Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>, freebsd-small@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StrongARM support?

> I'm definitely interested in both StrongARM and PPC.  (and so are very
> many people)  My understanding is that FreeBSD *wants* a FreeBSD/ARM,
> but lack the resources/man-power to do so.  I'd prefer to see an
> official decision on the above by someone (hint hint -core :)) though.

I don't think any "official decision" would say anything we in core
haven't already said individually and many times over the years.
Sure, FreeBSD wants ARM and PPC ports but currently lacks, at least to
our knowledge, the man-power to lead and support such a project.  You
said it yourself.  If some motivated individuals out there would
like to change that situation, you have our full support!

- Jordan