Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 20:03:55 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Relevant manpages (was: Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/ntp FREEBSD-upgrade)

-On [19991209 19:36], Garrett Wollman (wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu) wrote:
><<On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 05:13:26 -0800 (PST), Ollivier Robert <roberto@FreeBSD.org> said:
>
>>   The bad news is that manpages no longer exist, everything is in HTML. I'll
>>   commit the text version of each HTML file in /usr/share/doc/ntp soon to have
>>   at least the help files w/o needing to get the entire contrib/ntp tree.
>
>It would be very good if one of our doco crew could resurrect the old
>man pages and update them to reflect the current state of affairs.  We
>really don't want to be increasing the number of programs without
>useful man pages.

I sincerely ask someone to pick this up since I am doing work on the
(new)bus manpages, the md device, the new tasklist and some other
docthings.

Thanks for the reminder Garrett.  Now if only more kernel hackers would
give -doc a nudge about some things.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai           asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl]
Documentation nutter.          *BSD: Technical excellence at its best...