Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:05:13 -0700
From:      Nevin <nevin@deepwell.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Limits on apache

Dear fellow bsd lovers,

I have receintly ran into a problem with our webserver and I was wondering if anyone

out there might be able to explain to me whats going on.

I am running a web server using apache 1.2 and stronghold 3.0 both on freebsd 2.2.2.

It seems the the server wants to go boom if I try to bind more than 150 ip addresses

to the network interface with ifconfig.

Has anyone else had this problem or might know if there is a limit to the number of ip addesses that can be used?

Thanks in advance,

<bold>Nevin Cirtin

</bold>Network Systems Administrator

DeepWell Internet Services