Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 01:24:39 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how do I telnet my dsl modem to get status info?

My dsl manufacturer is giving me instructions to restart my dsl
modem, but those commands are not among telnet commands.
I am guessing that the commands are to the modem directly which
is connected to my ethernet port.

The manufacturer writes;
>From Terminal program or TELNET program, the "restart" command will do reset.

Which mode you are using? "1483 bridged mode" or "PPPoE routing mode"?

In Terminal or TELNET program,  key in "system", it will display ADSL firmware
+version.