Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:33:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Gene Ehrhart <EhrhartG@labs.wyeth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fireport 40

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Gene Ehrhart wrote:

> Does anyone have a diamond fireport 40 SCSI controller card operating
> with FreeBSD ver. 2.1.6R ?
> I am attempting to install a Seagate Tapestor 8000 in to my system and I'm
> wondering which scsi card will work.

It should work fine.  Since it is NCR/Symbios 53c875 based it uses the
'ncr' driver which is in the GENERIC kernel by default.  These types
of controllers are great for the money, though the Diamond board is
more expensive and gains you nothing but the name.  Check out the
Tekram DC390F for an equivalent board with an even smaller pricetag.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */