Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 02:21:56 +0100
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   denied packet, where?

How quaint! Today, one of the (standard) daily security scripts returned
this:

    test-server denied packets:
    test-server kernel log messages:
    >  1 READY ad6: 39205MB <Maxtor 2F040J1> [79656/16/63] at ata3-master
UDMA133

I take it that had to go to /var/log/messages? Which would mean I am
inadvertently blocking a packet. Well, pardon my daftness, but what port
would that be blocked on then? I checked /var/log/security, but that is
empty. If it were an ipfw issue, I think it would have wound up in
/var/log/security, right?

I am kinda worried about this, because maybe my kernel is trying to tell me
one of the disks in my RAID 1 failed, and came back on line. If so, I would
like to know about this.

Any suggestion would be welcome!

Thanks!

- Mark